Construction experience like no other.
From tenant improvements to a ground up build-to-suit, the construction of your facility represents a significant investment in your company’s future. Without the proper oversight, your business risks the pitfalls of costly delays, budget overruns, time consuming change orders, and a final product that falls short of your expectations. Hughes Marino Construction Management (CM) was created to become your partner and ensure the process proceeds with your best interests in mind, on time and on budget. Our team has decades of experience managing the design, permit and construction of all types of projects. We put our experience to work for our clients to help structure an overall master plan and execute that plan from start to finish.
American Specialty Health was able to move from 155,000 square feet in downtown to 190,000 square feet in Sorrento Mesa, while at the same time substantially reducing their monthly rent and having zero out-of-pocket moving expenses.
It’s every CM team's dream job to build the nationally recognized and multiple award-winning New Children’s Museum, one of the first green museums in California, but to do it on time and under budget was the icing on the cake.
Resolving budget and scheduling issues, creating a 4-story internal staircase, a 10,000 sf conference center, 18,000 sf of high-density storage (including structural upgrades), and $4 million dollars of custom millwork, was par for the course for our CM team when building out the offices for the 142,000 sf national law firm of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd.
“They’ve handled many projects for us, including our corporate headquarters in Carmel Valley, our San Diego Service Center in Kearny Mesa and numerous branch locations throughout the county.” — David Russell, Senior Vice President and Manager of the Corporate Real Estate Facilities Department at California Bank & Trust
When it comes to infrastructure, there might not be any building more important than that of a hospital. Managing the design and construction of Sharp Memorial Hospital’s utilities infrastructure required more than just a qualified team. It demanded the precision and meticulousness that Hughes Marino is known for.
Depth of knowledge and expertise is what was required of the CM team when managing the challenges of building Ten-Fifty B Street, a 23-story affordable housing project and the first of its kind in downtown San Diego.
“In an industry where not everything is always as it seems, here’s a company that absolutely comes through with what it promises.” — Adam Antoniades, President of First Allied
Why use Hughes Marino CM?
- Time is Money. Managing a project is the ultimate juggling act. The design and construction process involves the oversight of up to twenty different consultants, contractors and vendors – ranging from architects and engineers to general contractors and specialty vendors – under the tightest of time constraints. We help to select appropriate team members for each project and keep the project on budget and on schedule, eliminating the risks typically associated with this process by meeting move-in deadlines and budget specifications for our clients.
- Knowledge. Our intimate knowledge of the design and construction process allows us to effectively evaluate budgets, schedules and change orders for potential cost saving strategies. In addition, we are able to use our vast experience to identify potential pit falls, suggest alternate methods or materials, and use our collective bargaining power to save our clients money.
- Depth and Diversity of Experience. Having managed hundreds of projects, including both core, shell and tenant improvement projects, there is no project too complex for our team to handle. Hughes Marino CM has first-hand experience managing nearly every type of business use possible, including labs, schools, parking structures, manufacturing facilities, museums, mixed use, affordable housing, multi-family condos, high-rise residential buildings and high-end tenant improvements.
- Your Exclusive Representative. While there are numerous alternatives for the oversight of your project, only Hughes Marino CM participates with only your best interest in mind. Alternative providers such as the landlord, architect or contractor may incur issues throughout the process that impact them and conflict with your best interests.
- Get the Most Out of Your Budget. It goes without saying that the construction of your new facility involves a significant investment. Whether the source of funds is the landlord, lender, or your own, it is critical that you maximize the value of each dollar. While it may not be possible to avoid all issues, without Hughes Marino CM looking out for your best interest along the way, it is almost certain that preventable and costly issues will be incurred through the process that will impact your budget and final product.
- Unmatched Industry Experience. Hughes Marino CM’s core team members have been together for over sixteen years assisting business owners and companies in San Diego. Additionally, our construction project management team has more than sixty years of collective experience, and our senior staff has been a principal participant in over $450 million of San Diego construction projects.
- Pre-Lease/Purchase Assistance. As a support service for the Hughes Marino clientele, Hughes Marino CM provides in-depth evaluations of potential site locations, as well as establishes and negotiates LOI’s and final lease terms and conditions as it relates to tenant improvement allowance, schedules and processes for design and construction of the final improvements.